Tuesday, May 12, 2009

From Between the Pages

The ring leader, the twenty three year old, bought alcohol for the younguns. They've been getting 'there' all night, and I think I'll say that they are definitely 'THERE!' by now. In fact I think they've already past 'there' and now they're all 'out of it'. The older boy can hold his own, but a few of these peeps don't understand the laws of intoxication. It's 2:41a.m. between the pages and before I sleep I must endure the QWERTY for awhile before I forget all that transpired.
I stayed up with Beverly, our hotel liason, again tonight. She's really a nice broad. She brought back 'Catch Phrase' the game tonight. I played with a nice gentleman whose name I never got. He was a writer who has had a few songs hit it big. One of them was "I Know She Still Loves Me." I know, he actually wrote the song and sold it to George Strait's writers. His original title was "I Know She Still Loves Me, But I Don't Think She Likes Me". He got paid five-thousand dollars for that song and was asked to write another which he didn't expound on.
I played 'Catch Phrase' with the writer and my friend Butter until 1:30 a.m.
When the elevator doors opened on our floor, Butter and I were greeted by a crowd of our own people who were 'THERE!' Singing, dancing, running, and falling around. It was hilarious, yet embarassing at the same time. I tried to stay up with them, but it was just too much for me. My voice was gone for playing too many rounds of 'Catch Phrase' so I couldn't harmonize at all. I left when the shy soprano broke the sound barrier with a solo and touched the ceiling -- literally! I mean some of the hotel ceiling actually crusted away and landed on me. I brushed the white flakes off my new shirt and proceeded to my room.
I just exited the most refreshing shower I've had in awhile. As I type, I can still hear some of the crowd getting 'There' and some going way past. It's loud in the hotel. I'm certain inhabitants of the surrounding rooms have a deep rooted hate for all college students right now.
Avoir, adieu, goodnight from between the pages ~ JB

No comments:

Post a Comment