Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Sanity (Continued Again)

The Writer and Student

I know the Dancer and the Musician better because I've known them longer. It's a lame excuse for the huge rip-off I'm writing here. What I mean to say is I don't have enough information to write extravagantly on the Writer or the Student. I just don't know enough about them yet. Maybe next semester I will take this piece into an overhaul because I should know them better by then. I apologize for the brevity of these two pieces. No doubt some of you will examine the length of each of these and use that as a clue to their identities. Don't waste you're time. I'll admit that the length is directly connected to how well I know the person and how much I care about them.




The Writer

She's stout. The writer writes firm and true. She writes on a complex level and entirely perfect in grammar. She writes on a level I haven't written on just yet. You might tell me that I write nicely and that I am a good writer, but you all know that everyone is outdone by someone. Her correctness bothered me for awhile, but it has become perfectly clear that she isn't really haughty about it. She may brag some, but so do I. Everyone is entitled to an aloud "go me!" once in awhile.

Someone who read my initial post said "You must hate the writer." I do not hate the writer, but she isn't necessarily my friend. She is annoying in a way.



The Student

He's older, in his forties or so. His age makes him a place I go to for help. The mere fact that he's seen what I'm seeing makes me turn to him when I need something. He's a student though; a teacher, but a student too. In everything he does he learns and I love it. I'm repeating myself from the original post here, and I apologize. Maybe we never stop learning. That upsets me and makes me happy both at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment